Monday, November 22, 2010

Assignment #16 "The Journey"

  Once upon a time it was late at night and there was nothing but pure darkness. The night was shaded in a hot pink color. Reminded me of cotton candy. Just by looking at the clouds got me hungry. There was no food no water or clothing but a cabin. I went into the cabin. It was dark and at the far end I saw a bright light. It was fire flies in a little jar with a handle at the top. I’ve never seen it before. I went towards the light and their it was a blanket and a pillow. I was so tired that just by looking at it made me feel all fuzzy and warm inside. So I layed on it and once my head touched the pillow it felt like if I was flying in the air on a pillow I started counting sheep right away. That night I slept so comfortable that I had my first dream ever. I have no family or friends the only thing I had always wished for was a sister. I needed company. That very night she came alive. It was a miracle. I saw my twin sister for once. She had long silky black hair all the way down to her lower back. She was light brown skin colored and colored eyes. I went to the beach and their she was in a long white skirt and brown shirt. I couldn’t believe what was before my eyes. As I walked towards her she faded into the water. Next thing you know I wake up in the same ugly dripping with water cabin. But yet I saw something unusual it was the girl in my dreams doing a camp fire only by herself. Once I sat down she talked to me she said “You hungry?’’ I have never heard anyone with that type of accent. I was speechless. I stared at her as she handed me a rock with green looking stuff on it. I grabbed the rock and she smiled. “What’s this?” I asked. She replied “Monsushi” I thought for a while monsushi? What the hell could this be? Is it what I think it is worms and leafs? Naaah it couldn’t be. So I brought up the rock and took a little bit. It was not as bad as it looks. It really doesn’t have a real good smell to it ither. As we both munched on the monsushi I asked her questions “What’s your name?” Sadaf she replied. Does Sadaf mean anything? Yes it means Pearl. As the questions went on I told her my name as well which is Sabita. Sabita means beautiful sunshine.


As Sadaf and I got to know each other better we went for a walk. We went to go see what’s around the cabin. There were just rocks and a nice view of heights. As the sun went down the stars kept on showing up more and more. Sadaf was one of a kind. I had never met someone so different from the outside world. She knew how to do everything. She told me a story of the last moments that she had spent with her mom.

Once when I was 5 her mom came home from shopping for snakes to take on the trip. My mom and I were off to see the cabin stream hill. That place was one of the most dangerous place to go visit. But my mom had heard that it’s beautiful and green and nice for a summer vacation. So as they traveled towards the east to the cabin stream hills a few miles away from their a bear came out from the top of the mountain and as the bear approached my mother she scream run Sadaf I can take care of this. I turned around and ran as fast as I could but my knees were weak I knew I couldn’t leave my mom alone but I was too little to help out. At that very moment I didn’t seem to care so I ran towards the mountain and got a log and did a circle shape around it as I sharpened it and used it as a bow and arrow. I got closer to my mom seeing her struggle and fight for her life as a warrior I threw it hoping that it wouldn’t hit my mom. You just hear the stick grind and rip into the flesh of the bear. As the bear fell backwards I called out to my mom. Mama! Mama! Mama! She looked at me and smiled I am proud of you Sadaf. You’re soon going to be a big and could take care of yourself. She fell down and I kneeled down and kissed my mom on the four head meaning that she is very brave and showing her how much you love her. She said rubbing my cheek with her index and middle finger as she bleed to death from a wound the bears clause have given her. I love you Sadaf….

My eyes got all watery and I started crying. MAMA! MAMA! MAMA! NOOO... Ever since then I have been making my mom proud taking care of myself. You see this? As I looked around her neck was a bear tooth. She said that’s the only memory that I have from my mom. Sadaf and I have so much in common my parents got in a car crash on their way back to come look for mi. We were both lost in this world now we had to do everything to find our self and what made it even better. Amazingly we became soul sister and made a promise to always be together and ever since then I have been the sunlight and Sadaf the pearl which Indicates the moon we came together as family. As we both became warriors. Two of the toughest young ladies of this world. The cabins were home sweet home for me and my new sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment